Sunday, February 24, 2013

Aveeno Clear Complexion :: BB Cream

Hi!!! Today's Post is about the new Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream.


BB creams have become huge in the last year or two. They have been popular in Asia for a while now and when they hit America, it seemed like every brand had their own idea what a "BB cream was.

American BB creams are different than the traditional Asian BB creams. While the traditional ones are usually greyish in color, thicker, one shade only, American BB creams come in several colors and many are very similar to tinted moisturizers.


This is actually the first BB cream I've ever tried. I'm not one to try out a lot of different foundations and the like so, naturally, I was very late to the BB cream craze. I picked this one up because I absolutely adore the Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer and I thought that this would be similar, but tinted.


The skin benefits this is claiming to bring are: 1) instantly evens and brightens complexion (something that the moisturizer actually did for me); 2) helps blend away imperfections from breakouts; 3) helps fade the look of marks from past breakouts (another something that moisturizer did for me); 4) moisturizes and nourishes; 5) helps protect skin from future damage (SPF 30 broad spectrum).
 I haven't been using this for very long, so I'm not too sure about all of the beneficial things its supposed to do for my skin (a key aspect in all BB creams). But I do like how lightweight this product is. I think I have made it very clear that I prefer lighter makeup and this is a perfect "foundation" for me (seeing as its not exactly foundation). The fair/ light shade works for me just fine, and I believe I also saw a light/medium at Target when I picked this up. That being said, this product would not work across the board skin tone-wise, seeing as there is no "deep" option.

This runs for about $17, which may seem like a steep price from the drugstore, but it does come with more than twice the amount of other BB creams/ tinted moisturizers/ foundations, so the price is more than justifiable. This can be picked up at any drugstore or anywhere else Aveeno is sold.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I just purchased this at Kallony and it’s a nice BB cream I must say! :)

    ReplyDelete