Monday, February 18, 2013

L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain :: Pink Resistance

Today's post is about another new lip product at the drugstore: the L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stains!!!

I saw these at my local Target, and there were very very few left, so lots of people must be loving these!!! I picked up the color Pink Resistance, a peachy-pink color with just a hint of a light coral color (it's not too coral, though, there's just a faint trace).


As seen in the photo above, these come in a gold plastic tube, that is not of the highest quality but is quite nice looking. The strip of color in the middle of the tube is actual product, not just a plastic representation, so you know what color you are getting when you purchase these (which is helpful because drugstores don't have testers).

These come with a doe-foot applicator that is rather flat and wide. I love the shape because it makes it so easy to apply (I find that the standard, thinner doe-foot applicator doesn't always apply color as smoothly or evenly).


Once applied, these are rather wet or even gel-like (just as the name implies). This particular color is rather sheer in its first coat, yet when you add the second coat, it's more opaque (seeing as this is such a natural and light color, it is still rather sheer, yet there is definite color). These are very glossy, yet will reduce to a sheen and later settle in to a stain. These have a really weird texture that takes some getting used to (because of they are 30% water) but they have pretty great staying power. Another thing to note is the odd scent, which doesn't bother me but may bother some.

A lot of people have been comparing these to the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains, which I have not had the opportunity to try yet, but I would like to!!! Those, however, are priced at $30.00 whereas I have seen these ranging from $6.00 to $10.00. YSL is owned by L'Oreal, though, so I can imagine that the two products would be rather similar.

I would really like to try these in some other colors, perhaps darker colors to see how pigmented they really are, yet I wasn't too thrilled with the color selection (12 shades). Overall, though, I really liked this product and I would definitely recommend it!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment