Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder :: Rose

Today's post is from a brand that I've had a lot of ups and downs with lately: Tarte.

Tarte is a natural cosmetics brand that is very famous for their Amazonian Clay products. I absolutely adore their Amazonian clay blushes (stay tuned for swatches and reviews on a few of those) and I thought I would give this a try.

I'm new to highlighters and this was actually my first powder highlighter and I was looking for a natural color that wasn't overly frosty.

It is a very soft, finely milled powder and the packaging is gorgeous!!! It isn't too shimmery and is a pinky-champagne color (very rose-gold). Swatched, I love the color, however I have to either apply it with a light hand or blend it out pretty well because it leaves a pinky-colored line where I have applied it. If your skin tone is a little pinker than mine or a little darker, this would be lovely. If you have very porcelain skin, I would stay away. That being said, when blended out, it gives a beautiful glow to the skin.


In person, this is slightly glowier, but I had the most difficult time trying to capture the beauty of this powder. While it isn't holy grail for me, I really like it and I will still be reaching for it almost every day, because I really don't have a replacement. But like I've tried to make evident, this is definitely not the best highlighter out there, but its not the worst. It's just okay, but it is very pretty!!!

This is sold at tarte online and Ulta (I'm sure there are other places, but this is not sold at Sephora for some reason). It retails for $30.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment