Thursday, February 21, 2013

Revlon Photoready Cream Blush :: Pinched

Hi there!!! Today's post is not a new product at the drugstore, but one that I love very much!!!

This past summer Revlon released a line of three cream blushes in their PhotoReady line: Coral Reef (a red coral), Flushed (a bright blue-based pink), and Pinched (a light peach color). They were limited edition with the Escapism collection, but Revlon ended up making them permanent!!!

Being a fan of more natural-looking makeup, I picked up the safest, most natural color. Pinched is a beautiful peach with a slight golden shimmer in it.

 I love how compact the packaging. I find that with many drugstore products, there is always an abundance of packaging, especially to accommodate for the little brushes that are often included (which I hate).

These are very creamy and easy to work with. They are very pigmented, but can easily be sheered or blended out. I found that the best way to apply these is with a fluffy synthetic brush (I really like the Real Techniques blush brush). Using fingers to apply these will work, but if you want the best results a brush is your best bet.

The picture above shows a heavy swatch of the blush, showing the true color of the product, and also a more sheered out swatch (the color it will show up on your cheeks). I love how a light wash of this product really illuminates my face (peaches and corals are my favorite colors for my skin color).

These cost about $13 which is pretty pricey for a drugstore product, but I think they are totally worth it!!! If you are into more dramatic make up, I would definitely recommend checking out the other two colors in this collection!!! Fingers crossed Revlon releases more colors of these in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment