Sunday, February 17, 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper :: Coral Ambition and Pin Up Peach

Today's post is about another new product at the drugstore: the Maybelline Color Whispers!!!

Sheer, glossy, lightweight balm-like lip products are what seem to be all the rage for spring and summer this year; it seems like every company has their some sort of version!!!

When I first saw these, they immediately reminded me of the Revlon Lip Butters (which I really like) and the L'Oreal Color Riche Balms (which I haven't actually tried).

I picked these up in two colors and I am planning on looking for more. The two I have right now, however, are Coral Ambition and Pin Up Peach.


These are very creamy, have amazing color payoff (while still being sheer), are very glossy, and even a little moisturizing!!! The line itself comes in an amazing selection of colors, ranging from nudes to pinks to reds to berries and everything in between. There is truly a color for everyone, or if you're like me, a few colors for everyone!!! Since they are so creamy, though, I find that they are not as long-wearing as some other new lip products on the market. Which is totally fine with me because many long-wearing products dry out my lips anyway and these do just the opposite!!!

Coral Ambition is a beautiful coral pink color that is not too pink and not too orange. When I first saw this I snatched it up right away because it immediately reminded me of the Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Juicy Melons, which I had always wanted to try, but never wanted to pay $21 for. I absolutely adore how this color is bright (and brightening) without being too over the top, and even staying rather natural looking). It is a nice light pop of color for spring!!!


Pin Up Peach is equally as beautiful but not as unique of a color  in my eyes. I find that peachy-pink colors work really well for my complexion and are very natural looking while still enhancing my features. I love the way peach blush can really awaken my complexion, just how I like the way this lip color brightens my overall look as well. While Coral Ambition was a more cream finish, this color has a bit of gold shimmer, which is not too noticeable. This is a great every day, "my lips but better" color for any lifestyle, job, etc.


Here's the two swatched side by side:


I think this picture shows just how glossy they are!!!

These are available at any drugstore or anywhere else Maybelline products are sold. They run for anywhere from $5.00 to $8.00 depending on where you find them. You may see another shorter post in the future with more swatches if I pick up any other colors that catch my eye!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment