Tuesday, April 9, 2013

LORAC PRO Palette

Eeeeeeeeeeeeepp!!! I'm so excited for today's post: all about the LORAC PRO Palette!!!


I've wanted this palette for a few months now and I finally got it and I could not be more excited to share my thoughts with you!!! The beauty community has been buzzing about this palette for a little while now and I'm over the moon with excitement that I finally got my hands on it!!!


As for packaging, the palette comes in a super thin, super sleek, black rubberized case with a magnetic closure (quite similar to the original Naked palette). I compared its size and width to the original Naked Palette and an iPhone 5.


The LORAC PRO Palette contains sixteen eye shadows, eight of which are matte (the top row), the other eight are shimmer (the bottom row). The mattes include white (white), cream (nude), taupe (warm medium brown, very similar to UD's buck form the Original Naked Palette), light pink (light milky pink), mauve (browny-mauve), sable (warm reddish-brown), espresso (dark brown), black (deep black). The shimmers include nude (pink-champagne), champagne (slightly darker, more neutral champagne), gold (bright antique gold), light bronze (light golden champagne-bronze and one of my personal faves from the palette), pewter (taupey brown), garnet (red-brown), deep purple (rich dark purple), and slate (gunmetal blue-gray).


I own a quad from LORAC from a while ago, which is nice, but the shadows do not compare to these in quality. These are super soft and buttery, and extremely pigmented shadows, that last a fair amount of time (although I always use a primer). A little will go along way with these, especially with the darker colors (and the color gold on the bottom row, I was blown away)!!! So snaps to LORAC for stepping up their eye shadow formula in the last few years!!! However, the amount of actual shadow in each pan is minimal at only 0.02 g, compared to the more standard amount of 0.05 g (in the Naked palettes, MAC eye shadows, etc.)

I'm a big fan of neutral-colored makeup, so this palette is right up my alley. It gives the perfect variety of finishes and shades for every day looks, night out looks and everything in between!!! Just looking at the shades gives me a thousand and one ideas on looks that can be made with this!!! On an everyday basis, I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of colors like nude, champagne, light bronze, taupe, and mauve (among others haha), and I'll use colors like deep purple and slate for those special occasions when I want an extra dramatic eye!!! I'll also be using espresso and black as an eyeliner (shadow as a liner can be more smoked out but also less dramatic).


As a little bonus, this palette also comes with a mini version of LORAC's Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. This is a neutral fleshy color that turns invisible after blending onto the lids. In comparison to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, this is thinner in consistency (UDPP is quite thick). This makes shadows last longer than they would on their own and makes the colors appear more vibrant. I would say this primer is good, but not amazing; so far nothing has quite matched up to UDPP for me, although most of the primers I've used, including this one, is quite similar.

This palette can be found at Sephora and Ulta and retails for $42. I used a 20% off coupon and $3.00 in Ulta Rewards and after tax payed about $33 for this palette-- a total steal!!! So after all this, I definitely recommend this palette and am completely in love with it!!!

If you read all the way through this very long post then thank you very much haha!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment