Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Beauty Trends

Hi there!!! Today's post is a very exciting one: the Spring Beauty Trends for 2013!!!

1: Nails Inc. Feather Nails York; 2: Butter London Sweetie Shop Spring 2013 Collection; 3. Maybelline Color Whisper Cherry On Top; 4. Essie Topless and Barefoot; 5. Lily Collins, Seventeen Magazine, aka my brow icon; 6. Illamasqua Speckled Nails Fragile; 7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow (I'm actually not sure of the exact color, sorry!!!)
**all of these pics are found off polyvore.com
Every season there are so many different trends based on the most popular looks at fashion week. In this post, I will be telling you about some of my favorite!!

1. Statement nails have been center stage for the past couple seasons. This season, feather nails, compliments of nails inc. are no exception!!! I really can't think of any way to describe them except for a glitter that looks like feathers on your nails!!

2. As with every spring, pastel nail polish is a major trend. I put in a picture of the Butter LONDON Spring 2013 line for a reason: it is the perfect selection of all the pastels anyone needs!!! I absolutely adore wearing pastels on my nails in the spring after weary such dark colors for months.

3. "Popsicle Lips," or sheer, glossy lip colors seem to be the next big thing for lips. They are often lightweight and very easy to apply. These became popular with the Revlon Lip Butters, but since then have become more balmy and sheer (I find the Revlon Lip Butters to be more opaque in many of their colors). Every brand seems to be coming out with their own version from YSL and MAC to L'Oreal and Maybelline.

4. Nude nails have been in for some time now and this spring is no exception. The point of a nude nail is to blend into your skin color and elongate your fingers (They also go with any outfit you could ever wear!). Another trend is adding neon accents to nude nails such as nude nails with a neon tip.

5. Defining the eyebrows has become a huge part of many people's makeup routines. They shape the face and can really change up your look. Bold brows seem to be what's in this season. I interpret this as a stronger, yet still natural, well-groomed brow, though many others interpret this trend with a more unkempt brow. I think this picture of Lily Collins really captivates, to me, what the perfect "bold brow" is.

6. The nails are dominating the trends again with speckled nails!!! Birds are huge this season, be it on nails or even as prints on clothes, you will see them popping up everywhere!!! I am so excited for this trend that I think I might just have to shell out a little extra money for one of these polishes!!! I love the idea and the range from Illamasqua comes in five super cute pastel colors!!! Deborah Lippmann also has her own line coming out as well.

7. Color on the eyes is the last of the beauty trends I'm going to be talking about today!!! Bright eyeshadows and liners are hot for the spring (and the summer!!!). I prefer more neutral makeup, but I do like to add a pop of pastel to my lids from time to time (Lavender is very flattering for brown eyes, such as mine). I recommend checking out Urban Decay or Make Up For Ever, who are well known for their extensive color ranges, or even the Maybelline EyeStudio quads which come in a variety of colors well.

Hope you enjoy some of my favorite beauty trends for this season!!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment